I'm a big fan of strange and beautiful things. So when I came across this lovely clutch, I had to share. I love the bright yellow and neon pink on this purse plus, who doesn't love Llamas??! For those of you who are looking to brighten up your wardrobe, this is definitely the way to go.
I recall feeling very cold. And even during their bitter winters, my sense of adventure and enthusiasm was still higher than ever. It wasn't even on the original itinerary to discover this magical place - - it was only after hearing others talk so highly of Prague in the hostels of Amsterdam, I jumped on the Eurolines bus and got it done.
Ever thought about exploring Prague? If so, I suggest you go when it's spring or summer. Just sayin...
It's about time I start sorting out all of my photos and videos from my recent excursion. As you can imagine, there are millions of unorganized and unedited photos that are in need of sorting, because I want to share every adventure with you all.
Stumbling upon this treasure today, reminded me how much freedom we really do have in our lives. Anything can happen. Any day. The only person holding you back is, well...you. Life is like a beach, each waves brings in new treasures, seashells, and hidden surprises. Opportunities are everywhere...are you going to be quick to snatch it up or let it wash away?
Today will be the first day of my NEW job! I am absolutely thrilled but also have medium-sized butterflies fluttering around in my belly. It's been about three years since I have experienced that first-day-at-a-new-job-feeling and I forgot how nerve wracking it can be. To overcome these nerves, I plan on starting my morning right with working out, make a healthy shake, and overcome fear with action.
What are some things you do to overcome feeling nervous for something like this?
I am super pumped for this movie. I enjoy children's movies that encourage women to grow up strong, independent, and ambitious! But, you know what I'm even more excited about? The fact that my boyfriend's little one has been waiting for this movie to come out for some time now and to see her so happy, makes me happy.
What are you doing this weekend? Are you going to see Brave?
I needed a good laugh today. So, I hope this does the same for you! Do you ever have days where you need to remind yourself to not take life so seriously? Not take negative criticism to heart? And remember that life is too short to worry about x, y, and z?
I'll be honest with you. I had a rough morning. Had some people in my life tell me that I may not be making the right choices in life and leaving a well-paying job for travel experiences was a huge mistake. But you know what? That's for me to decide. Do I regret traveling?
Do I regret leaving a well-paying job in exchange for the wonderful memories I created in France, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Italy, UK, Czech-Republic, Vietnam, and Thailand?
Tip of the day? Don't ever let anyone steal your sunshine! It's all yours! Always will be.
I don't think there is any way I can truly express how honored I feel to have Ana from the elegant and stunning Blog Milk write a guest post for me today. I stumbled onto her blog while I was traveling earlier this year, and have not let it out of my sight since! Her blog covers design, inspiration, fashion, photography and all that is inspirational to the eye and soul.Without further ado, here is the lovely Ana.
I cannot begin to express how honored I am to be guest posting today in this wonderful haven, Ms. Cathy has created. I've said this many times but Cathy's bubbly personality and outlook is a true inspiration.
I'm not an expert when it comes to blogging but I've made many mistakes I've learned from and since my daily life is now surrounded by wonderful, empowering bloggers I have now a few tricks up my sleeve I like to share once in a while.
The blogging life is incredibly inspiring, satisfying and at times takes us out of our shells and into the most amazing challenges one can face. I know we all worry about the small print and want to make our blogs a reflection of our passions and as wonderful as this job can be it can also take its toll on you.
After 3 years of blogging publicly and openly I decided that this year I wanted to take a clean and new outlook. I started writing down the most important things I found in my blog and realized some of those habits were not healthy. Checking analytics, worrying a little too much about comment counts and traffic reports were taking the magical part of the experience away early January I determined that to me the most important things I needed to focus on were:
1. Prioritizing - I used to write 3 posts a day no matter what and that truly crushes all intentions and the beautiful human part of blogging. I now share only those things I find interesting, beautiful or helpful, missing a day shouldn't be a worry but being unsatisfied with the result of a post should.
2. Finding catharsis - Blogging provides an enormous sense of freedom and the line between sharing and over-sharing is sometimes blurred. I personally like having such freedom and even though I didn't quite appreciate it at first I now treasure it and I open up about things that can have a positive effect in people's life. Catharsis is important both for the writer and the reader, it forms a bond that constantly inspires us to continue blogging and sharing.
3. Change - Once you feel like you are hitting a brick wall change can work wonders for your spirit and for the way others see your blog. I believe a blog should be in constant developing, just like you strive to bring new and original content to the table you should grow at your own pace and with your own personality.
4. Inspire - This is what fills my glass every day. If I can inspire one person every day I feel like every minute, every effort and strive has worth it all. I have though realized you can only inspired someone once you have been inspired by others. It's one of those beautiful gifts that keep on giving.
5. Rest - I truly admire people who blog 24/7 and who are happy and able to do it but I also believe in "living, then blogging" - Making your personal life the top priority can work wonders in your blogging life, it inspires you, gives you things to talk about and surrounds you with unique experiences that can make a difference in the way you open up to those who read your blog.
In a nutshell, I've learned that in order to blog happily I have to live happily. Concentrating in every single area of my blog is important but more so those who read my blog, trust my taste and engage in the littlest things that I write about. Working hard for them is important to me just as is to recharge my strength to keep offering something honest and true.
How do you encourage yourself? What is the biggest worry you have about your blog?
Because dads, all around the world, should be appreciated everyday! See the little lady bug dress below? That's me sitting on my dad's lap with the family. I don't know why I look like such a hard ass but maybe I was trying to be cool? Anyhow, today I'll be having lunch with my boyfriend and his family (I can't wait to give him his father's day surprise!) and come late afternoon, I'll be eating steaks with my family. Although it is Father's Day, my dad insisted on making the steaks because he adores cooking. We'll let have him the spotlight..again. :)
I hope everyone has a great father's day and even if your father isn't around to celebrate, know that he will always love and cherish you!!!
According to urban dictionary, it is the "appearance, style, or the way he or she presents themselves" ex: He got a killa swag.
I don't know about you but I think these familiar faces below have some "killa swag"...
So now that you understand the definition and essentially, what swag can look like. How do you go about acquiring something that's just not, in any way, physical or tangible? I've come with my own ways to acquire this magical mojo, 'je ne sais quoi', or better yet, a more confident You!
10 RULES TO ACQUIRE SWAG
1. Dress sharp. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is someone you would trust, respect, and admire.
2. Improve your posture and don't slouch. Slouching gives off a lazy-I-don't-give-a-damn-about-anything look and decreases the level of respect you could have won from just your posture. First impressions are everything - - sad but true, folks.
3. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Tap into your strengths, find ways to improve those strengths even more and most importantly, transform those weaknesses into strengths. Rinse and Repeat.
4. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Embrace the unknown and know every situation will work out in the best way possible for you.
5. Stay calm and collected. Be cool. People who freak out definitely do not have swag.
6. Say thank you when someone compliments you and really mean it. By all means, do not deflect compliments because you are #1. Remember that.
7. Work out. It's a great swag booster. Even if it's just for 15 minutes, it's better than 0 minutes. Trust me, 15 minutes can do a lot to increase your levels of self-confidence.
8. Learn to say no. And say it firmly. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Don't pull that passive-aggressive attitude because that's admitting you don't have the swag to control your own world.
9. Surround yourself with people who inspire you and want you to be better. If you're anything like me, I spend a lot of time with my friends and they can either make or break you. Choose your friends wisely.
10. Most importantly, be yourself. But, be the person you have always wanted to be. A new and improved you. It doesn't mean you have to change, it means you are taking care of yourself and loving yourself that much more.
There you have it. Those are my 10 essential ways to acquire swag. If you have any more tips, please feel free to leave a comment! I hope everyone has been having a fantastic weekend and don't forget, tomorrow is Father's day!