6.16.2012

10 ways to acquire "Swag".

What is Swag?

According to urban dictionary, it is the "appearance, style, or the way he or she presents themselves" ex: He got a killa swag.


I don't know about you but I think these familiar faces below have some "killa swag"...

So now that you understand the definition and essentially, what swag can look like. How do you go about acquiring something that's just not, in any way, physical or tangible? I've come with my own ways to acquire this magical mojo, 'je ne sais quoi', or better yet, a more confident You!

10 RULES TO ACQUIRE SWAG

1. Dress sharp. Look in the mirror and ask yourself if this is someone you would trust, respect, and admire.

2. Improve your posture and don't slouch. Slouching gives off a lazy-I-don't-give-a-damn-about-anything look and decreases the level of respect you could have won from just your posture. First impressions are everything - - sad but true, folks.

3. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Tap into your strengths, find ways to improve those strengths even more and most importantly, transform those weaknesses into strengths. Rinse and Repeat.

4. I know I've said it before but I'll say it again. Be comfortable with being uncomfortable. Embrace the unknown and know every situation will work out in the best way possible for you.

5. Stay calm and collected. Be cool. People who freak out definitely do not have swag.

6. Say thank you when someone compliments you and really mean it. By all means, do not deflect compliments because you are #1. Remember that.

7. Work out. It's a great swag booster. Even if it's just for 15 minutes, it's better than 0 minutes. Trust me, 15 minutes can do a lot to increase your levels of self-confidence.

8. Learn to say no. And say it firmly. You don't have to do anything if you don't want to. Don't pull that passive-aggressive attitude because that's admitting you don't have the swag to control your own world.

9. Surround yourself with people who inspire you and want you to be better. If you're anything like me, I spend a lot of time with my friends and they can either make or break you. Choose your friends wisely.

10. Most importantly, be yourself. But, be the person you have always wanted to be. A new and improved you. It doesn't mean you have to change, it means you are taking care of yourself and loving yourself that much more.

There you have it. Those are my 10 essential ways to acquire swag. If you have any more tips, please feel free to leave a comment! I hope everyone has been having a fantastic weekend and don't forget, tomorrow is Father's day!

12 comments:

  1. Great tips! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, Miss K! Just some personal thoughts about swag :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great list. I especially like 1 and 3. I've been trying to dress well lately because it's such a massive confidence booster! Seems silly and material until you realise the impact it can have.

    Thanks for all the inspiration! The post and the comment you left :D You can do it too!! Just figure out what it is you want to do and see and it'll be worth it, even if it doesn't turn out how you thought :) Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! Thanks for the words of encouragement, it means a whole lot. I used to think it was silly too until I noticed how much it changed my overall confidence. You're so right about just going for what you want without specific expectations. It's honestly about putting yourself out there!

      Delete
  3. Oh! I love this post, dear Cathy!, Those pictures are amazing, the people behind the lens...tons of swag there!, and that ten tips, fantastic,and very inspiring!
    Thanks for sharing, and Happy Father’s Day to all the fathers out there! 
    Big hugs!
    Inés

    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inés!! So happy you found this post inspirational. It's very motivating to hear, actually! I love sharing my personal opinions about random things on here and glad it can be fully appreciated. Happy Father's Day to you too!!

      Delete
  4. Pete Holmes, a comedian I reference a lot on my blog recently mentioned some things in his conversation with Alison Rosen. "People don't like confidence, they like certainty". This might not make sense if you're not familiar with gambling (hehe, see 4) but "Scared money never wins".

    Trust in yourself. People like to be convinced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly will never forget that. "People like to be convinced" - - that sums it up perfectly. Thanks for sharing that insight, very true!!

      Delete
  5. Great advice!!!! Your blog is fantastic! I just had to follow you. :) I am smiling all my way through it.

    Ana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you loved it Ana! :) And thank you for your sweet comment. It truly does put a smile to my face :) Hope to see you around here more often Ana!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...