Get this. After parking my car and turning off the ignition - - I closed my eyes, did a mini mediation session, and envisioned myself having a great day. For some reason, that vision consisted of me meeting new people at my job, shaking everyone's hands vigorously - - while holding an animated smile, the whole time. This pseudo mediation session honestly only lasted a good 2-3 minutes but I thought it was worth a shot. As you can all imagine (based off of the name of this post), it didn't go that way. Don't get me wrong; it wasn't a horrible day, or even close to a bad day...it was just a long Blah day.
So, what do you do when you have a long Blah day? I come up with the following reasons to remind myself how good I really have it, in hopes of encouraging a good day, some other day.
1. Even the longest day is only 24 hours. (I read this somewhere...most likely on Pinterest)
2. I am NOT related to the honey boo boo child family - - not even close.
3. I get to crash on a king size bed every night.
4. My work offers unlimited filtered water, Lipton tea, and coffee...for free. I feel like I could never take that for granted because there are other countries that definitely DON'T do that.
5. My job is indoors and is consistently 75 degrees F - - equivalent to an early summer day in California.
6. I have a job.
7. Reading her mood boards always leave me feeling calm and more grounded.
8. Knowing that their an easy go-to place for html coding gives me peace as well.
9. Mind over matter. Always.
10. There are always worst things out there.
After writing this list out, I do feel a lot better. So, what about you guys? What makes you feel better after one of those days? Any specific perspectives or thoughts you'd like to share to potentially turn the day around?
Pretty flower picture can be found here.