I think as adults, we forget to play just as hard as we work. Laughing, being free of stress, and to do silly dances, I believe, are just as important in life. When we take joy in what surrounds us, what makes us alive, we're making our lives that much more colorful and vibrant. So, if you ask me, how do I like to incorporate 'play' into my life?
Happy Labor Day! I almost decided to go to work today and make some extra cash but then, I quickly decided against it. Why? After working a 12 hour day last Thursday, I could use an extra day off to play and spend time with loved ones. Let's take a moment, shall we?
1. Make a cup of green tea, breathe in the aroma, and curl up with a book.
2. Watch an old childhood show or movie with loved ones.
3. Forget the fact that I work long hours at work by singing/dancing in the living room with my boyfriend's sweet little girl.
4. Watch funny youtube videos such as this one or that one.
5. Take pictures of anything and everything that I like including food, the sky, clothes, people, awkward moments...anything for the day, and then look back at all of them.
6. Taking the time to say I love you, the moment you feel it in burning in your heart.
7. Reading this blog to try new workout moves and looking up this picture to remind me of how awesome my life is.
8. Making cupcakes with these two:
things and feeling like they really are true, and science can never back it up.
10. Also reading this, and having an 'Wow, this is soo true and how can I anyone not believe this sort of stuff' moment.
Tell me, what are some things you like to do to relieve stress? Do you believe that playing hard is just as important as working hard?
Pretty images can be found here.