10.07.2012

Happy Anniversary!

Exactly one year ago from today, I had plans to go sing karaoke with a girlfriend from work. Meanwhile, Daniel also had plans to go out with his friends and sing karaoke as well. Three days prior, we had barely exchanged numbers via email at work and had started to briefly communicate outside of work. When Friday night came around, October 7th 2011, not only did his friends bail out but so did my girlfriend - - therefore, leaving the both of us without any solid fun Friday plans... So, what happened next? Friends or no friends, we still wanted to go out and have a good time. From that moment on, an amazing love story came to fruition.


No pictures can fully paint how in love I am with this man. Nor can words fully describe how proud I am of our relationship. I feel as if our 1 year relationship encompassed 5 different lifetimes - - and I don't mean that in a "oh man, I feel like we've been together for so long, ugh" type of tone. It's more of a "wow, I cannot believe we have done all that in just 1 year together.." Very often, I find myself looking at him and wondering if we've loved one another in past lives before. I know, sounds crazy. But it's true - - when I fell in love with him, it's as if I had come to the realization that I have loved this man for many many years before. That's the best way I can describe the feelings I have for him.

Within 1 year of being together, we have:

 Survived 5 months of long distance / Fell in love within 2 months of being together/ Did a horse & carriage ride in Rome, Italy/ Made a wish together at the Fontana di Trevi in Rome/ Placed a love lock in Paris/ I hired an opera singer to sing for us by the Eiffel tower/ For our 6 month anniversary, we experienced an opera house/dinner in Paris/ a view of the Colosseum right outside our window/ Have started living together/ Shared many laughs, hopes, dreams, fears, and support with one another/ He sang "Crazy little thing called love" to me at a karaoke bar in Paris/ Went to one of Hemingway's favorite restaurants together in Paris/ And many more..

Just one of the things he did for me while I was traveling in Vietnam, for Valentine's day: 


My sweet Daniel, I look forward to loving you, supporting you, and being your best friend for many more years to come. Happy Anniversary, my darling!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! You look totally in love. The two of you. Wishing you a lifetime of happiness together.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...