8.22.2020

This Netflix Show Helped Me Get Through Quarantine

You know that feeling you get when you're one episode away from finishing an entire show and just want it to last forever? I dreaded watching the last episode of Derek and wanted to keep the marathon going but all good things do come to an end. But on the flipside, the impact it leaves behind can last forever. That's what makes a show...or a movie...or a book oh so incredibly GOOD!! How long you think about it after it ends...and that's what these two shows did for me in these quiet past few months staying home.

Derek

At first, it looked like a quirky dry comedy show that takes place in a nursing home but man oh man, there's SO many delicious layers to this show. Starring Ricky Gervais and his cast of familiar friends and faces, Derek offers awkward, gut wrenching humor along with serious life themes. Even months after watching this show, my family and I continue to shout random lines but also remember some of the heavier, more life wisdom that this show offers. Here's a list of things I really enjoyed:







My husband has started to randomly shout out "Sign of the Twine!" around the house and I'll even catch myself singing "baby monkey...baby monkey" and think, what the hell am I singing? Oh right, right...just some good ol' Derek. 

What have you been watching these days? Any favorites that's been helping you get through quarantine? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...