8.18.2020

Black's Beach San Diego and Random Bill Murray Thoughts

 


Here is a picture that I took overlooking Black's Beach in San Diego, CA. I was up late one night and randomly stumbled upon this Youtube video that showed a pretty challenging trail to hike down to San Diego's nudist beach. 

So I went. I climbed it. I sweated bullets and I saw things that made me blush.

Most importantly, this picture of the sunset made me think about these things: 

1. It Doesn't Matter

Have you seen the Bill Murray Stories on Netflix? There's a part in this documentary that talks about the Meatballs scene when Bill Murray was screaming "It doesn't matter!!" 

Because it really doesn't. Whether you win, or lose, or fail, or succeed - none of it matters because the only thing that matters is living. Everything is beautiful, even the grittiness, the shitty parts and the unexpected - - since we are all alive, that's the only thing that matters - nothing else. 

2. Time is Going to Pass Anyway

Just like sunsets and sunrises, it is certain to happen every day. And so will the time. It will pass and pass and pass. And that's okay. Because if you're going through something shitty (ahem - this pandemic craziness of 2020), take comfort that the time will pass. Worried about not having enough time to pursue your dreams? Well, time is going to pass anyway so either do it or don't, it's up to you. Nothing is forever and that's okay. Make it worthwhile. 

3.  San Diego Has Bomb Food

Every single meal I had while visiting San Diego was incredible. From the fresh sushi rolls to the expertly crafted octopus tacos from the Marisco food truck. The food is amazing. Especially San Diego food. I think I will write a blog that will share all of my favorites.

Friends, I hope you are doing well! I've truly missed you and can't wait to become more active on this blog. It's been too long. 

~C 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...