3.10.2012

Go on, Get Happy!


Where can we find happiness? Is it down an eery rabbit hole? Or from the romantic sunsets by Camelback mountain in Arizona? Well, possibly so but most likely not. According to Ted, happiness comes from your...

Thoughts.

My couchhost, J, showed me a very insightful 12-minute video called The Happiness Advantage: Linking Positive Brains to Performance by Shawn Anchor


Go on, Google it! (I would have included the video on this entry but I'm still grasping the ins and outs with this blogging business)

5 Tips on Creating Lasting Positive Change:


1. Write down 3 things you are grateful for each day.
2. Journaling
3. Exercise
4. Meditation
5. Random acts of kindness
  
Try doing this for 21 days straight and see how your life can move in a more positive, more productive direction :) 


Fancy socks.

Welp, I've got a few more days left in Amsterdam and honestly just trying to sleep as much as possible, eat as much healthy foods as possible, and mentally prepare myself for the next big adventure. On Monday morning, I plan to share a ride with a woman named Isabelle to make my way towards Lille, France. From there on, anything is possible. 

MsCathy. 

2 comments:

  1. I have recently watched that video, and I too believe it is GREAT advice. Keeping your thoughts positive is definitely the way to lead a happier life.

    By the way, I always love seeing your pictures. Their simplicity is so beautiful.

    Can't wait to read about your adventures in France! Good luck catching up on sleep and preparing for the trip.

    ~C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it such an empowering video?? It is the key..

    I'm happy to hear you like the simplicity of my pictures...I believe we've got to find the joy and beauty within the small things in life :)

    Honestly, I cannot wait to share more adventures with everyone, thanks for your words of encouragement. It goes very far!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...