They say it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. As of this past Tuesday, two major things happened in my life.
1. I broke the habit of smoking cigarettes.
2. I started making the habit of working out 6 days a week, Insanity style.
|Extra Sweaty after Insanity with a friend|
Yes. I said it. Insanity. Needless to say, it's pretty...insane. Ever heard of the 2-month Insanity program? Yes, it's the one where the guy screams, "Dig DEEEEP" right when you want to drop to your knees. And, yes, it's the one where you have to earn the Insanity t-shirt by being cuckoo enough to do the whole dang thing. Oh, and just in case you were wondering, yes I am crazy to start one of the most regimented (the workout schedule and diet) programs during the holiday season. No more homemade pumpkin pies during Christmas for me. Sad. Bye bye stuffing. Even sadder.
6 days a week. 40 minutes each session. High (an understated word) intensity cardio workouts. Five 300-calorie meals a day. No processed foods. No junk. No screwing around.
7 Reasons Why I decided to go "Insane":
1. What better way to break a habit than to make a new habit?
2. I want to get into the best shape in my life.
3. I'm curious to see what my "best shape" actually looks like in real life.
4. Results are motivating. I hear this program gives you immediate results at a healthy pace.
5. I've always had a "before" picture when starting a workout but never an actual "after" picture to be super proud of.
6. Getting a head start for getting that beach bod.
7. I’m ready to feel great, look great, and gain more confidence.
The bottom line is, if I can do the full two months, no cheating, all business, boot camp style - - I feel like I can accomplish anything. What do you think? Am I crazy to take on something like this?
Have you ever accomplished a full workout program from start to finish? If so, what were some things that helped you to be successful? If not, what happened? I'd love to hear your thoughts!
Wish me luck! I'm going all out! Don't forget to enter my giveaway before it ends next week!